Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Shopaholic Bug

Who else is excited about Confessions Of A Shopaholic, The Movie?



I adored reading the series for its very witty narrative of an extreme case of the shopaholics. My mom laughingly tells me how much Becky Bloomwood reminds her of me, and although I can relate to her to a certain level, I would like to think that I have a better head on my shoulders. Although that does tend to disappear once I get caught up in the addictive shopping haze and adrenaline. Hmmm.. 
[She has my laptop's twin! btw, I decided to give my Macbook a unisex name.. I finally ended up with Georgie.]

Check out my loot from a recent stop at Victoria's Secret on 34th. I am just in love with their line, Pink. More girly, less lacey and sophistaced, but definitely just as sexy. Best thing about them is that they fit me oh so perfectly.

  


Click here to see me in one of my more manic shopaholic moments.
 




Last Sunday I found out on Facebook that one of my friends from my first job is here. To say that that is an exciting discovery to make by someone who is in a foreign city all by herself is an understatement. Finally, a friend from home to roam around the villages with! Having someone to finally take my pictures was just icing on the cake. * 


Yesterday was a busy day. Before meeting up with Pat, I went to Urban Outfitters to pick up some fabric but ended up buying some necklaces and rings.. UO has the coolest accessories. My next stop was Manhattan Wardrobe supply where I got some stuff for my styling kit.

 

 


Some more outfit pics in the apartment.


 




The Marc by Marc store in the West Village rocks.




9 comments:

makemoremistakes said...

You look cute!

And in reply to your last comment...I am far from convinced. I wasn't only referring to a christian god, but to any god that would want his or her followers to be unhappy with purely themselves. I am pretty non-swaying in my agnosticism, and I certainly will not be turning to anything remotely like the christian church ever again in my life- I have never been as unhappy, self destructive, and negative as I was when I was christian. But on the same note, I am very glad that it works for you- and if it makes you happy, then I am happy for you.

I hope you're well dear.

xo
angela

Dane said...

Hi Rache!

Im studying at FIP, its a great school, I couldnt be happier with my choice actually. Im taking pattern/fash design/sewing/bag making.. I didnt really wanna do design and all that, I just wanted to make stuff but Im glad I signed up for it, im learning loads. What are you taking up at FIT? I heard its a great school, however I wouldnt underestimate the schools available here, im pretty damn impressed. Who are your friends taking up pattern at FIP? I probably know them.

FASHION CHALET said...

I feel so absurdly behind, I haven't read the Shopaholic series yet =[ hides in shame.....

yes to the poolside tanning/reading vogue, will have to do something weekend and of course, today was errand day (yuck!) but tomorrow will be sleep in, stay in bed, reading my fashion books again! =]

Great boots and tights!

xxx

ryder said...

you have very colorfull shopoholic moments. im not that excited about the movie though, i was more into:he is just not that into you.

yiqin; said...

Becky has always been my hero. But I am really scared this movie will ruin the book. ( so did 10000 other movies )

DaisyChain said...

I love your outfits,
all of them! And your new buys!

I'm so excited for the Shopaholic movie!

Marian said...

honey your coat and boots rock!
sweetie im loving the loot from all the shopping,lucky you ;o)
also dear love all the images!
muah
marian

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Oh my! I'm so excited to watch the movie too!!! I love Becky... and somehow can relate to her up to a certain extent.. but like you... I also feel I would make better decisions compared to her.. heehee...

Oh I absolutely adore VS undergarments!!! I agree they arent too girly but are just the right amount of nice and pretty!

Oh Rache! I love your pictures! Those tights are just lovely!!! I love your capelet.. you look so CUTE!!! I'm glad your having a great time in FIT...

Vintage Lollipops said...

Seriously, you have amazing style!

xxx