Sunday, March 1, 2009

Great Days Come In Threes

And those days were Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I had such a wonderful time in the bright-lighted city. Yes, New York and I will have many happy memories together.

Thursday
The day my good friend Pat and I went to the Barney's Warehouse Sale.
I stuck close to my budget. hah. Congratulations, me, for not overspending. It wasn't easy, but I think I'm starting to learn the lesson of shopping with restraint. (It's not that hard when you don't have a job.)




I say Go for the gold.


There's a fire within my soul
Just one look and I can hear a bell ring

One more look and I forget everything

Mamma mia, here I go again

My my,
how can I resist you?



It was spectacular! The entire show I was on the edge of my seat like a little eager schoolgirl, following every line, subtly bopping my shoulders to every beat.. I love musicals. It was such a high! And one that lasted me way into the cold crisp night. My nightcap consisted of Magnolia red velvet cupcakes and red wine with wonderful company. I went to sleep with a smile on my face and the tune of Mama Mia playing in my head.


Friday
My good good friend from Montreal finally arrives! She came with her girlfriends and we went around New York being touristy and having a ball being girls. [At one point, someone got proposed to. And at another, my girl and I got trippy recording video messages on Facebook.. at the Apple Store on 5th. Oh joy. ;)]




Walked everywhere from the Upper East to Chelsea where we had dinner at TGIF (how appropriate!) and dessert at Il Bastardo. The night was still beautiful even with the tiny raindrops falling on our head and a walk under the glow of Times Square was the perfect way to unwind.






Saturday
The ladies and I headed to Cafeteria for a good power brunch. A long day of endless shopping loomed ahead.


I know, I really love my food.


don't leave..


***

Thank you for the music
for giving it to me ♥


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooow ya had one hell of a time! Everyone needs more days like that.

Frank&Rémy said...

you look so adorable in your coat. We just want to wrap u and put you on our wishing list :) haha

Looking beautiful as always

paanie said...

love that cape coat! glad you had a great time with your friends. :)

hanna said...

Ah, to be in new york!!! I cant wait to go there this summer (hopefully if everything pushes through) :D

You look absolutely adorable, rachel. Really cute outfits.

Mode Junkie said...

love your cape sweetie! and seems like you had a blast! and your hair is beyond gorgeous! it's the hair i have in my dreams.

Dane said...

Aww looks like you had a blast, how fun. Gotta love girlfriends!

Anonymous said...

aww looks like you had a great time! I love that cape jacket by the way, it looks gorgeous on you :-)

DaisyChain said...

Wow, looks like you've had an amazing time lately! Lucky girl.
x

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

You are soo fabulous. Love the outfit! And all that sounds so wonderful!

xoxo,
La C.

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time :) you all look so lovely!

Marian said...

Darling what a gorgeous account of your three fab days! hi5 to you sweetie for having a ball, you deserve it love. hope you got some yummy stuff from the Barneys sale x
have a lovely day sugar!
Marian

Unknown said...

more updates for the people!