Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Beautiful Ones

I've been pretty busy the past couple of weeks. Pre-Fashion Week shows have officially started in New York and I cannot express how ecstatic I am and how surreal it feels to be right smack in the middle of it. Working amidst the high-paced energy of the staff and being flanked by insanely gorgeous models, I am exactly where I want to be. It hit me just the other day that this might just be the right place for me. I have fallen in love with the city, seriously deeply smitten.. and I want to live and love in New York.. let's see where this goes. :)


Yesterday I was at the JC Penney show, dressing models. We stayed at the party and had a blast! Funny how we, the backstage staff, looked like we were having the most fun at the party -dancing, talking, laughing. Today, I arrived at the GQ show.. and was immediately struck dumb by all the insanely BEAUTIFUL male models. It was madness, I tell you. Young, chiseled, men in all their GQ gorgeousness. One of my guys was français, et il etait tres beau! I can't talk about the show or the models or any backstage experience any more than I already have, so I stop here. Just be sure to watch out for them at Style.com! ;) [I am still reeling.]






I had the most fabulous day. It was super warm today, almost felt like summer in NY. By a stroke of luck, I was able to fit Georgie in for an appointment at the heavily booked Genius Bar. I rushed out, no time to wash my hair and took the bus to the Apple Store on 5th ave. Apple rocks!! they replaced my battery and now my baby has brand new stamina to stand my very long hours on the internet. [Thank you, Tim!]




It was such a lovely day that I stayed out and chilled in front of Central Park. I sat there people watching and listening to my "NY Rocks" playlist, basking in the city's palpable energy. I was perfectly happy and content by myself, but after a few minutes I thought about how sweet it would be to have someone beside me to hold and kiss just when I feel like it. [why aren't you here!!] When I looked up, I saw this cab driver across the street smiling at me and making gestures about taking a picture. I took out my earphones just in time to hear him say, "You are very cute!" with his indian accent. I shouted back a gracious thank you and smiled to myself. Not long after, this italian dude sat beside me and struck up a conversation. He says he's also in the fashion industry and invited me to some parties.





It was all well and good, but it's funny how I was surrounded by all these men today.. and I just can't seem to stop wishing and wanting for this one boy to be here.




**star sightings: Kelly Cutrone and Kate Lanphear!! both at the GQ party. I fell in love with Kate's quiet fabulousness.
*celebrities in attendance (JC Penney): Kimora Lee Simmons, Nicole Miller, Charlotte Ronson
Got a very busy week ahead, but I'll try back at commenting as soon as I can. Thank you so much for all the sweetness, I
♥ you all!

11 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

You are living my dream! I really wanted to "Tag" you but I know you're busy with Fashion Week...please keep the posts coming so us West coast fashionista's can pretend we are there!
Thank you for your kind words love!
You are gorgeous as well!!! xoxo

i devour fashion said...

The irony of life, Rach...surrounded by gorgeous Adonises of the world yet the one male you so want isn't around....i'm sure you're in his thoughts, lovely girl!!!!
It's good to hear you're living your dream.

Keep them coming and as usual...i'm still crippling with envy from your locks. =)

Dane said...

Wow GQ fashionshow! *dies* But yeah I get what you mean about how it is still soooooo much better to have your special someone there with you instead. Im sure you two will work something out.. You seriously belong in NYC by the looks/sound of it. Live the dream, baby!

DaisyChain said...

Wow, your life sounds incredibly wonderfully busy right now.

Vintage Lollipops said...

That's amazing... and can't wait to see more Fashion Week shots! xxx

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, esp. the celeb sightings! Love this glimpse inside your nyc world, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Nai said...

Party up :D I'm looving your photos, you look amazing :)

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

ahh you are so lucky!! =] i was supposed to go to fashion week but school is such a problem =[

but take lots of photos so i can live vicariously through you! i love your hair, btw!

xoxo,
La C.

FASHION CHALET said...

Pop some champagne and mingle, mingle, mingle! hahah how fun! =]

thanks, the leggings are super comfy, you can't believe it! xx

yiqin; said...

You wear the hat so well! Ah you are having so much fun when I have to study for exams :(

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures - looks like you're having a great time!