Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hearts All Over NYC


Cropped Jacket, H&M. Latex tank tunic and satinized leggings, F21. Locket, Urban Outfitters. Ring, H&M.

I had a most fabulous time on Valentines Day. Although it was uneventful romantically, it was awesomely exciting for I, myself and moi! Started the day early --5am, yo- to get ready for my first show at 6:30am [QVC Fashion Week Live Broadcast]. My next show [Richard Chai Men] was at 2:30 downtown West, so I had a bit of time to chill, have some coffee and donuts, and a satisfyingly spicy Thai lunch. 

I loved the backstage energy at Richard Chai, everyone was lovely --especially Mr. Chai himself! 


Of course, being a romantic, I had to have a gift on Happy Heart's Day. But who said it had to come from a boy? ;) I heart my new Hello Kitty for MAC lipcolor and Plush Lip Glass.


I got the beige hue, Fresh Brew.


I originally planned to cap off my night with Audrey Hepburn and a glass of wine, but I was so sleepy that by the time I hit the sack, I fell asleep almost immediately. My last bit of energy went to catching a few scenes of Lipstick Jungle on NBC.com, replying to Facebook messages () and slathering on my daily beauty lotions. Drifted off to these images playing in my mind: Victory Ford licking the icing off a cupcake (presumably Magnolia), his smile and his lips, New York Fashion Week. Oh happy day.  


but he doesn't.. 


***
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. -Oscar Wilde



15 comments:

yiqin; said...

I am so pissed the collection is only hitting Singapore in MARCH!!!! Urgh

DaisyChain said...

I cannot wait for the HK collection to come out here,
my Mum has already promised I can have whatever I want from it for my birthday so I don't have to limit myself too badly!

Couture Carrie said...

So exciting!!!
And love the Oscar Wilde quote!

xoxox,
CC

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Awww Rache... I feel a bit sad that you and the boyf were away from each other on Hearts Day... but also feel happy knowing you had a grand time nevertheless!!!

Ooooh... I LOVE HELLO KITTY!!! Thanks for the reminder... I think it's time to check MAC if they already have the collection!!!

La Couturier said...

your outfit is beautifully sophisticated!

xoxo,
La C.

Trisch said...

There's an award waiting for you on my blog!

♥ fashion chalet said...

I adore every word from Oscar Wilde. Wonderful post, dear. And thank you for your comment as well! <3

xx

i devour fashion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
i devour fashion said...

wow! you truly are living the dream --career-wise--, darlin'! and i agree with La C, the outft is gorgeous!
i heart Lindsay Price, too, even when she was still a nobody during The Bold and The Beautiful.

hugs,

Chey*

Song of Style said...

aw u lucky thing!

Bella said...

Oh, it sounds incredibly exciting... I can only imagine!

And I love those leggings. HOT. xxx

ashley said...

mr. wilde is always right!
i love that day~ sounds like pure bliss...and a purrfect heart day {despite missing half of yours:(}
x ashley

Marian said...

darling what a fabulous account of your day. seems like it was a gorgeous time.
muah
x
marian

The Stiletto Effect said...

Great outfit!
xoxo
Su

La Couturier said...

Oh. My. God. You are soooo lucky! =] How exciting! I adore your outfit! And once I have time to go shopping again I will pick up that beige lipstick too!

xoxo,
La C.