Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hearts All Over NYC


Cropped Jacket, H&M. Latex tank tunic and satinized leggings, F21. Locket, Urban Outfitters. Ring, H&M.

I had a most fabulous time on Valentines Day. Although it was uneventful romantically, it was awesomely exciting for I, myself and moi! Started the day early --5am, yo- to get ready for my first show at 6:30am [QVC Fashion Week Live Broadcast]. My next show [Richard Chai Men] was at 2:30 downtown West, so I had a bit of time to chill, have some coffee and donuts, and a satisfyingly spicy Thai lunch. 

I loved the backstage energy at Richard Chai, everyone was lovely --especially Mr. Chai himself! 


Of course, being a romantic, I had to have a gift on Happy Heart's Day. But who said it had to come from a boy? ;) I heart my new Hello Kitty for MAC lipcolor and Plush Lip Glass.


I got the beige hue, Fresh Brew.


I originally planned to cap off my night with Audrey Hepburn and a glass of wine, but I was so sleepy that by the time I hit the sack, I fell asleep almost immediately. My last bit of energy went to catching a few scenes of Lipstick Jungle on NBC.com, replying to Facebook messages () and slathering on my daily beauty lotions. Drifted off to these images playing in my mind: Victory Ford licking the icing off a cupcake (presumably Magnolia), his smile and his lips, New York Fashion Week. Oh happy day.  


but he doesn't.. 


***
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. -Oscar Wilde



15 comments:

yiqin; said...

I am so pissed the collection is only hitting Singapore in MARCH!!!! Urgh

DaisyChain said...

I cannot wait for the HK collection to come out here,
my Mum has already promised I can have whatever I want from it for my birthday so I don't have to limit myself too badly!

Couture Carrie said...

So exciting!!!
And love the Oscar Wilde quote!

xoxox,
CC

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Awww Rache... I feel a bit sad that you and the boyf were away from each other on Hearts Day... but also feel happy knowing you had a grand time nevertheless!!!

Ooooh... I LOVE HELLO KITTY!!! Thanks for the reminder... I think it's time to check MAC if they already have the collection!!!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

your outfit is beautifully sophisticated!

xoxo,
La C.

Anonymous said...

There's an award waiting for you on my blog!

FASHION CHALET said...

I adore every word from Oscar Wilde. Wonderful post, dear. And thank you for your comment as well! <3

xx

i devour fashion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
i devour fashion said...

wow! you truly are living the dream --career-wise--, darlin'! and i agree with La C, the outft is gorgeous!
i heart Lindsay Price, too, even when she was still a nobody during The Bold and The Beautiful.

hugs,

Chey*

Song of Style said...

aw u lucky thing!

Vintage Lollipops said...

Oh, it sounds incredibly exciting... I can only imagine!

And I love those leggings. HOT. xxx

ashley said...

mr. wilde is always right!
i love that day~ sounds like pure bliss...and a purrfect heart day {despite missing half of yours:(}
x ashley

Marian said...

darling what a fabulous account of your day. seems like it was a gorgeous time.
muah
x
marian

Susana Rodrigues said...

Great outfit!
xoxo
Su

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Oh. My. God. You are soooo lucky! =] How exciting! I adore your outfit! And once I have time to go shopping again I will pick up that beige lipstick too!

xoxo,
La C.