Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cross Dressing

Androgynous has steadily become one of my favorite trends. Partly because it is a picture of effortless cool, and largely because it is boyfriend-wear: and I find women in their men's clothes so incredibly sexy. Always present in fashion week, menswear evolves subtly every year. This year saw some of my favorites: casual boyish outfits, structure paired with sheer and soft fabric, basic with punches of color and feminine touches, and sleeveless jacket dresses. Yummy. Let's get on with the pictures.


Boyish Street Wear

DKNY, DKNY

Marc by Marc Jacobs, Nicole Miller


Sheer and Flowy

Yves Saint Laurent, Bruno Pieters

Yves Saint Laurent, A.F. Vandevorst


Quirky Slouch

Nicole Miller, Alexander Wang
Diesel Black Gold, Marc by Marc Jacobs


The Evolution of Le Smoking

Balmain, Costume National
Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent

Interesting how Stefano Pilati put a twist to the tuxedo and structuring it to resemble a kimono


Nude Awakening

Alexander Wang, Bruno Pieters
Bruno Pieters, Yves Saint Laurent

Baring a bra to match their suit or simply going commando was pretty popular on the runways.
I reckon having nothing underneath the power suit leaves a woman feeling powerful indeed -and clandestinely provocative.


Jacket Dresses

Topshop Unique, Topshop Unique
Yohji Yamamoto, Sinha Stanic
Marc by Marc Jacobs, Bruno Pieters

I would just love to have one of these sleeveless blazer dresses to wear to the office. *sigh...*


Sealed with a Bow
3.1 Phillip Lim, Topshop Unique
DSquared2
I just Adore how a bow can affect a different charm to an outfit, depending on its size, garment, and placement. The last, in particular, is exceptional. It's so sophisticated; a dream to wear. mmm...


5 comments:

ashleigh said...

i agree with all these trends they're perfect especially the androgeny! they've all been massive staples over here for our winter :) great post!

Abby said...

I agree with Ashleigh, love the boyish street wear. I have been heaps digging into my boys closet lately.

You know, I don't know what I torture myself by looking at all these great fashion blogs. All it does is make me sad that I don't have all these clothes!

Also I am very glad we have the same awesome glasses. It must mean we are cool!

Susanna-Cole King said...

Oh androgynous style! Excellent choice of topic, I used to be such a tomboy, so I think I've always kept a soft spot in my heart for boyish garments and styles! Love all the pictures you posted, so much inspiration! :)

And oh, sorry to hear they changed your program's curriculum! However... does give you an excuse and motivation to come to NYC! :D

xoxo,
S-C

Dane said...

Rachelle? Isnt that wierd that we frequent the same fashion blogs? Nice post, my personal fave is the boyish look. There just is something about wearing your boyfriend's clothes isnt there? How is everything in canada?

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

I love the adrogynus look too! Hubby has been trying to accept me rummaging thru his side of clothes and wearing his undershirts and polos with belts...

Thanks for sharing these with us!!