Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Snowfall

Beautiful tiny flakes of white rained all throughout Montreal tonight. I can't believe first snowfall happened so early this season! Global warming really screwing things up, eh? We really have to think and act green, people (no dirty jokes, please). Anyway, I loved it. It made me forget about my splitting headache for a second. We walked out the school glass doors and into the rain of snow. I totally enjoyed the surreality of the moment. My first snowfall in Montreal! :)






Look at how thick the snow had gotten by the time I got off the train!




my footprints cutting across the neighbor's snow crusted driveway

magical *
and tonight would've been the night I hadn't brought gloves.
of course by the time I was ready to go inside the warm solace of the foyer, my fingers were almost too numb to turn my key in the lock.



The sudden fall of snow took me by surprise today; but next time, I will be ready.



" Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats. "
-Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls


10 comments:

DaisyChain said...

I adore snow. It's the only good part about winter.
Not that we often get it here, though other parts of the UK had a little flurry yesterday. I just got stuck with rain and hail!

FASHION CHALET said...

How do you manage it? I can never look so stylish in the rain. Great boots!

I am taking full advantage, summer will soon be gone and finally, sweaters and boots for me! :)

xo/ fashion chalet

Couture Carrie said...

Such dreamy photos! Love your mocha boots, too!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

your boots are MAGNIFICENT! :D

ashleigh said...

oh i would love love love to have it snow here. the most we get is really heavy hail that sits on the ground like snow.. and it's not fun at all!

you look great :)

T said...

The first snow fell on wednesday in norway.. and then it went away.your pictures are so pretty. Snow looks so beautiful at night when it's actually snowing.

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Hi!!!

How have you been doing?? I was out on training classes all week and for some reason was dead to the world asleep each time I got back home... I love your pictures!! They remind me of the pictures I've painted on my mind while reading the book "Twilight" (I'm dying to watch Edward Cullen on the 21st!!). You look so cute with those boots... I love your gray jacket!!! It looks so comfy and cozy!!

Abby said...

SNOW!
Oh I am jealous, I have never seen snow.

I agree with fashion chalet, you still look so stylish in the rain!

yiqin; said...

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! So lucky!! It is so damn hot in singapore :(

ashley said...

that post made me so home sick~ goodness it will be freezing in montreal soon~ it is so beautiful though~ and nowhere else does chocolat chaud taste as yummy, or a toque look both stylish and be a necessity!
x ashley